Thursday, February 10, 2011

What a rough past two weeks! Crohn's kicked my hiney!

First I want to thank all my clients for being soooooo patient. My crohn's flaired up after a year in remission. It was unbelievable, how fast it hit me this time. The doctor said it will happen like that. Every time I get a flair up, it will hit faster and faster each time. This time last week I was bed ridden for four days. Received my Remicade treatment on a Wed. by Sunday/Monday I was feeling a bit better. They had a hard time find a vain this time too. That hurt. Ouch! Then gave me two bags of fluids cuz I was dry to say the least. Remicade is an IV that I receive every six weeks. Crohn's is an auto-immune disease and basically by white cells attack my body making me sick with the treatment, similar to chemo- it shuts down my immune system so my white cells will stop attacking me making me so ill. This time I was not only throwing up water...yes I could not even drink water. I had diahreaha. WOW! Let me say if you ever want to loose a lot a weight in a short period of time and can handle the pain (which is close to having someone stab you) then go for Crohn's. This disease has literally landed many in the hospital and some have died. It's very serious and yet four days being in bed...my husband says, "So, are you sick or what?" Gotta love 'em otherwise I think we would kill them. Well at least take a pillow to the face.

So my latest work for a client in Waxhaw...Waxsaw? Not sure how to spell that one, should look it up shouldn't it. Well anyways I'm very excited about it. Castle & Horse Theme and Garden Theme. Can't wait to start next week. Also for the big town of Harrisburg, NC I'm conducting it's first ARTwalk in April to help showcase us artsist that the county doesn't even know is around. I'm hoping it will be a huge success so we can have them twice a month. The businesses around here is awesome and very willing to do this. Can't wail. Well lots on my plate. Murals and finishing canvas artwork plus trying to get my notecards and calendars set up on my etsy shop. Which is kind of on the back burner right now until April.

Well hope everyone is doing great and check out my facebook page...just type in Decorative Decisions or my name Teresa Stern and check out my portfolio on there. And you can always email me with questions...questions are FREE!

Blessings-
Teresa