Monday, February 28, 2011

Please support me in the walk for a cure!



Good morning, today being Monday and a new day to a new week I wanted to throw out there the support that I need to help us find a cure for crohn's. I've been suffering from crohn's for over six year. Been in remission for a year until a month ago, when I not only had a flair up, but a set back. My crohn's is getting more aggressive, hitting me faster and more severely. Not only to I suffer from the good ole' standard diahreaha but also I throw up. I get so dhydrated that they can't even get fluids in me fast enough. They had a hard time find a good vein and ended up giving two bags of fluids. When I do get a flare up I take Remicade. It's an IV I have to take for three hours. It basically shuts down my immune system since that is what is making me sick. My immune system thinks there is something wrong with my body so it attacks it. That is crohn's it's an auto immune disease and it is very serious. Many folks including my own family don't understand it since they don't physically see anything wrong with me. It's a lot like your faith. If you don't see Him, you don't bellieve it. Very sad if you think about it.

For me it's been my faith that carries me through this difficult life we all live. Last week was the most depressing week for some reason. I can't even explain it. I'm painting which I love and the jobs are coming in which I"M SO THANKFUL for, and even though I thank our Saviour, I'm still unfortantley human and get frustrated and discourage with the daily challenges that Satin will put in front of me wanting me to break my trust and love for Christ.
And like always he is like a monkey on your back that won't give up. I've noticed, that when I get frustrated I sight the Lord's Prayer. It seems to give me peace and clear the air for me. I've felt like a weight on me...and I need our Lord more than ever now.

Lately our family is being challenged by our faith. You see my boys and I we believe and even though my daughter and husband say they believe the don't really. They keep trying to live their lives they want to not how God wants them too, and it breaks my heart. I keep praying that they will trust in God...but I haven't seen it yet. They sometimes even make comments about, "oh, you think you are so perfect because you think you are a better Christian than everyone else"...that my friends is Satin covering their hearts wanting to break me down. I just walk away and say...you know with Christ I am a better person, not better than anyone else, but a better person for trusting in Him"...you should try it.

It's so hard when Satin finds a loop hole in a family to tear it apart. And that is what he is doing to my husband and me. See my husband measures your life by money. Although I try hard to balance it all, I fall a lot. But I try hard not to be careless with the finanaces...but to my husband it is never good enough. Even when I was working in the cafeteria...it wasn't thank you for doing that, it was "you don't contribute to the family" - again Satin. And they don't see it.

Please pray for our family. While Satin is attaching hearts everywhere we need to say the "Lord's Prayers" and trust in Christ. Because with Christ we can smack down Satin and get rid of him. Withouth Christ our struggles will get bigger and more difficult.

"Nothing is impossible with Christ" - Luke 37:1