Tuesday, December 28, 2010

Bring in the New Year!

Can you believe that 2011 is here already. Where did November go for crying out loud? I love fall - whoosh there it went. Here in the Carolinas like a lot of us, we have snow!!!! My kids were so excited CHRISTmas morning. It was really a perfect day. Besides some mishaps on misunderstood Xmas lists...it really was a beautiful morning and I truly to hope everyone around the world had a blessed time with friends and family. I know we did. It has been very low eye around here which is nice for a change. The kids don't have to go back to school until the 3rd - so we are loving the late nights together and and I'm loving the early mornings without having to hussle and bussle out the door and enjoy blogging again and getting back to what I love to do. Paint.

My New Year's resolution is to get ORGANIZED. I know...its a bad word but someone has to do it. And I know I need it. My main focus is not only getting my home organized for myself but for my family. I am notorious for placing items in a hurry somewhere and not remembering where I put it...the family hates it. Of course I think it's funny cuz everyone complains that the house is a mess but when I clean then everyone complains that they can't find anything. Ironic wouldn't you think?

It's ok though. I really need to get organized. Also my other focus is to dedicate more time to my Etsy Shop. To truly build my business as an artist and to get my work recognized...I need to reach out to other artists and get more involved in Art Shows. So I'm going to dedicate an hour to my shop every morning to send out e-mails to introduce folks to visit it, keep stuff updated. Adding new items to the shop and creating more useful products with my art to the shop.

I'm hoping also to do more door-to-door recognition. Posting my artwork in coffee shops and hoping this year or in February to have an Art Show. I'd like to work with the Middle School and the High School to now only show my work but that of the students. This now only will gain recognition of the programs that needs our help as a community but to also gain recognition as an artist. Community work...it's needed out there. Just wish I could get paid for it. :)

Well, got to get going on some chalk jars and new magnet lids. Be safe and enjoy every minute with each other. It goes fast.

Blessings!