Wednesday, February 3, 2010

So, I lied I can't stay away from the computer...

So, it's been four days off of my part-time work. Yes I had to get a part-time job because the decorative painting business has been slow. So I decide to start up these drawing/painting classes. Then out of the blue I got four calls yesturday. Figures. But, it's o.k. I'd rather be busy than not. I'm excited to get back into painting rooms again. Lettering seems to still be hot. No matter what age. What kid doesn't want to see their name big on a wall. O.k. probably not my youngest. He is still bugging me about getting rid of the dinosaurs (they are not cool anymore at the age of 11). Him and his brother want skateboarders. One of these days.
Anyways this part-time job is kicking my hiney. It's wiping me out in the afternoon. Who knew that a cafeteria worker could work so hard. I'm in the washroom and that is all I do for four hours straigtht is wash dishes. UGH! But I need the steady money...for now. I'm hoping the painting will take off again. My etsy shop will really take off (once I can get prints made) and even the art classes. Oh by the way if you are looking into the Tuesday class that now won't be getting started until March. Have a commitment with The Butter Bean Market in Huntersville to do art classes with them on Tuesday for the month of Febraury. Yeah! So, here it is again at midnight can't sleep because I come home and take a nap like my grandparents from work in the morning and then I can't sleep at night. Boy you would think I had mono or something like that. I'm so mixed up in my days. Oh another note: I have crohn's for those that don't know me. And all the physical work I do at the part-time job I have is really hard on my joints. I keep saying I have to get back into running (I've had a week off) and it's the truth, running help me get that energy I need and beside I start hurting other places then I forget about my crohn's and my hand joints. I know it doesn't make sense, but if you knew me...what does make sense that I ever say.
Well - going to finish another painting. Birds...green on this canvas sheet. I LOVE IT! More flexible than on the canvas/boards. I don't know why I never used these sheets before. And I can sell them cheaper too. Yes...on etsy!